mandag 30. januar 2012

Rain, rain, glorious rain?


After a starry starry Saturday night, trying to understand the night sky here at 37 degrees south, yesterdays R & R Sunday started beautifully: a dip in the warm waters of Outfold Bay in clear blue sky, then general cleaning and laundry as the trailer park emptied dramatically - the end of the main Ozz summer holiday, everyone packing and going home to get ready for school start the coming days - reminiscing on my own end of summer hol feeling at the other end of the earth and calendar so many years ago!

A lazy lunch, dozing over the travel guide, trying to decide best plans for the coming week, then WHOOSH a violent wind gust from the sea sent everything everywhere and in minutes blue sky was gone gone.... By sundown a violent thunderstorm - quite an entertaining camper experience! Then the rain, which campowners had said they needed so desperately... By this morning the whole site inundated, still heavy rain squalls, but I decided to carry on "round the corner" and into Victoria, with the guaranteed promise of better weather (reliable source in Melbourne....).

The weather DID improve on the way and here 210 km onwards, mostly through hot and steamy forested inland, I arrived in Marlo, a lovely little village where the great Snowy River meets the Tasman Sea in a big sandy delta. This camp owner was envious when I told her of last night's storms - "Oh how we need some rain!" And sure enough, soon as I set out my chair under yet another wotsit tree (must learn some more Ozz botany!) the clouds gathered and opened..... Everybody happy apart from me -maybe I should just ask them to pay me to go somewhere that needs some rain?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar